Forum

Welcome to The Final Four Is Not on the Schedule discussion board. A forum for the serious and casual MSU fan. Opinions welcome – stay respectful.

2024 conference rec...

Notifications
Clear all

2024 conference recruiting

7 Posts
3 Users
1 Reactions
(@hazelmotes)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I like the look of the conference’s recruiting success so far. Despite it being pretty early, quite a few teams have some decent commits. Good chance either MSU or Rutgers adds a commit tomorrow. 

Rutgers has a top 10 SF and #75 PG

Purdue has top 20 PF and unbanked 6’5” shooting guard

OSU has a top 50 PG

ILL has top 60 a 6’8” C 

MIN has top 130 PG

Maryland has crystal balls for top 10 C and top 100 PG

Iowa has top 80 PF

MSU has crystal balls for top 40 SG and top 90 C

UM has a top 105 PG

Posted : 02/04/2023 11:40 pm
(@houseizzorockin)
Estimable Member

Good news, I like to see a strong conference.  That is expect for the school down the road, though I didn't mind them so much with Beilein.  

Kindness is free.

Posted : 03/04/2023 2:37 pm
(@hazelmotes)
Reputable Member
(@hazelmotes)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

By the way, while not directly related to recruiting, I am surprised how many message board discussions and Spartan website articles are talking about “ideal additions through the portal.” Izzo is going to be overloaded with talent and have a hard enough time finding minutes for all those who deserve them. Why would anyone from the portal want to come here when every position is more than already adequately covered?

Posted : 03/04/2023 6:02 pm
(@houseizzorockin)
Estimable Member

Regarding portal talk, I put that to idle chatter and nothing more.  If both Walker and Hall come back, we're 12 deep.  Even if they don't come back, we're still 10 deep.  To me, particularly considering Izzo's view on it, any talk of the portal is nonsense at this stage.  If we were to lose a player to the portal, or Akins to the NBA, then perhaps maybe.  Otherwise, I'd think a big fat NO.

Kindness is free.

Posted : 03/04/2023 6:10 pm
(@hazelmotes)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Jesse McCullough is announcing later this month:

https://www.on3.com/news/jesse-mcculloch-down-to-4-schools-sets-commitment-date-alabama-michigan-state-xavier-virginia-tech/

Posted : 04/04/2023 4:09 pm
SpartanMike
(@spartanmike)

@hazelmotes So many people are just infatuated with the portal.  Makes no sense for MSU with the way the roster is looking.

Posted : 05/04/2023 6:17 pm
Share: