Forum

Welcome to The Final Four Is Not on the Schedule discussion board. A forum for the serious and casual MSU fan. Opinions welcome – stay respectful.

MSU 2023-24 Minutes...

Notifications
Clear all

MSU 2023-24 Minutes Distribution

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@rafekdspartan)
Topic starter

I just did a minutes distribution analysis with MSU's 2023-24 roster, and am interested to hear other thoughts on what's expected for Holloman and Fears (minutes and at what position). I understand that the other players minutes will be volatile, but the most unclear to me are Holloman and Fears. This may be an obvious point, but it seems that they will be in a very competitive battle for each other's minutes. I could definitely be wrong here, hence why I am seeking other perspectives.

Posted : 04/10/2023 5:50 pm
(@houseizzorockin)
Estimable Member

Sorry, I hadn't noticed this thread before I had created a separate (note to self, scroll down).  While I know chatter seems to be different, I'm thinking come B10 season, there's ultimately only meaningful minutes available for one or the other.  The pre-B10 season will essentially be the proving ground.  Personally, I'm thinking it will end up being Fears with Holloman filling in when there's foul trouble and/or a blowout.  Additionally, I'm not buying either one of these guys spending any meaningful time at shooting guard, or at least I'm in the I'll-believe-it-when-I see-it camp. 

Nonetheless, the depth is just so unprecedented, it's so hard to tell.     

Kindness is free.

Posted : 12/10/2023 6:09 pm
(@hazelmotes)
Reputable Member

Holloman really impressed me last year. I know many will say his offense was lacking or almost non-existent, but he seemed to me a player playing the role he was given more than a player unsure of his offensive game. In fact, he seemed confident, especially on defense. If Izzo expands his role this year, I believe he will be up to it.

Izzo will have a tough job finding minutes for all who deserve them, but if any one of Holloman, Fears, or Hoggard can shoot close to 35% from 3, I think Izzo will find a way to get them all minutes between the 1 and the 2.

Posted : 13/10/2023 8:34 pm
Share: