Forum

Welcome to The Final Four Is Not on the Schedule discussion board. A forum for the serious and casual MSU fan. Opinions welcome – stay respectful.

Updated 2024 Recrui...

Notifications
Clear all

Updated 2024 Recruit Rankings from 247

8 Posts
4 Users
3 Likes
(@hazelmotes)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Most MSU targets stayed close to where they were or slipped very slightly: 

Bildunga was 2 now 3

Tucker was 9 now 21

Teng was 36 now 38

Richardson was 40 now 54

Powell was 74 now 95

Brooks was 124 now 127

McCulloch jumped to 85 from 173

Posted : 19/04/2023 2:21 am
Eric Larson reacted
(@elarson284568176374567)
Member Admin

Posted by: @hazelmotes

Most MSU targets stayed close to where they were or slipped very slightly: 

Bildunga was 2 now 3

Tucker was 9 now 21

Teng was 36 now 38

Richardson was 40 now 54

Powell was 74 now 95

Brooks was 124 now 127

McCulloch jumped to 85 from 173

I believe McCulloch is supposed to announce on Thursday. Tea leaves are pointing to an MSU commitment.

Posted : 19/04/2023 2:23 am
(@hazelmotes)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

ESPN’s final 2023 rankings has Booker at 15, Carr at 24, and Fears at 26. Normand is not ranked in their top 100. Bronny James is ranked 19th, a lot higher than I seen him elsewhere. 

Posted : 19/04/2023 9:40 pm
(@houseizzorockin)
Estimable Member

ESPN’s final 2023 rankings has Booker at 15, Carr at 24, and Fears at 26. Normand is not ranked in their top 100. Bronny James is ranked 19th, a lot higher than I seen him elsewhere. 

That's quite the jump for Carr, isn't it?!  I was surprised to see him higher than Fears (though I am less than a novice when it comes to recruiting & prospects).

Kindness is free.

Posted : 19/04/2023 11:09 pm
(@hazelmotes)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @houseizzorockin

That's quite the jump for Carr, isn't it?!  I was surprised to see him higher than Fears (though I am less than a novice when it comes to recruiting & prospects).

I am not going to argue against Carr being a top 25 prospect, but I kind of get the idea that ESPN’s ranking is based on sensational responses than on analytical ones. It ranks for Carr and Bronny James higher than anyone else does. Both of these players have really interesting stories ( a great athlete and dunker and a son of one of the all-time greats).

Posted : 20/04/2023 4:59 am
(@hazelmotes)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

With today’s commitment, I wonder if there will be one more or two. I like both of these guys as both are likely to be around for 3-4 years. They seem like good guys to fill the void of losing Walker and Hall. I am not sure what the team will need in 2024 beyond that. If Akins has a good year and leaves it would be great to get Tucker or Powell. 

Posted : 20/04/2023 9:46 pm
Eric Larson reacted
(@hazelmotes)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

In response today’s episode and the conversation about recruiting. Here is where some pretty good recent conference players were ranked coming out of high school:

Johnny Davis (#10 overall draft pick and first team All American): 165

Keegan Murray: (#4 overall draft pick and first team All American) 359

Kris Murray: 359 (3rd team All American / 1st team All Conference)

Jaden Ivey: 89 (#5 overall draft pick and 2nd team All American)

Zach Edey: 436 (1st team All American)

Posted : 21/04/2023 1:33 am
Eric Larson reacted
RodMSU1968
(@rodmsu1968)
Member Admin

Posted by: @houseizzorockin

I am not going to argue against Carr being a top 25 prospect, but I kind of get the idea that ESPN’s ranking is based on sensational responses than on analytical ones. It ranks for Carr and Bronny James higher than anyone else does. Both of these players have really interesting stories ( a great athlete and dunker and a son of one of the all-time greats).

I'll say this...in watching the McDonald's game (as I mentioned on the podcast), there wasn't anybody out there doing the things physically that Carr can do.  Usually, you'll see a guy with the best physical tools in the class in that game. Not the case this year.  Put that together with what I thought was clear improvement in other areas (shooting, his handle, etc.) over the course of this past season, and I think you can definitely make a top 25 case in a class with a ton of question marks.

Posted : 21/04/2023 4:17 am
Share: